Friday, May 19, 2006

Friday!!! WOO HOO!!!

Welp, It's 8:30 AM. Sarah's still asleep. I'm waiting on the coffee to finish brewing. Once I have my coffee and Sarah wakes up, I'm going to shut this computer down and clean the house. The laundry is taking on a life of its own, so I'd better tame it and get it finished. I have to get the girls' summer clothes out and sorted to see what they can still wear. Fun day. It's raining and cold, so no outside.

The new theater in town opens today. They barely have the building done; there's still tarp on the front where there's no wall! How funny! It's supposedly the biggest cinema in the county, with a huge ticket price to match. Still, it'll be fun to have a cinema right in town. The DaVinci Code comes out today. I'm not sure if I'm going to see it in the theater or wait for DVD. I've read the book, and I have mixed feelings about it. I know it's fiction, but it throws into question everything Christianity is about. Not sure how I like that. But as a fictional body of work, it was pretty interesting. Wonder how the movie will be. Tom Hanks is my fave actor, so I'm sure he does a great job. I love that Paul Bettany is the Albino; LOVE him.

Anyone else watch ER last night? What a cliffhanger, eh? I won't spoil it for the people who haven't seen it. Freaky how it ended. All I know is that I cried like a baby last week when Gallant died. I LOVED his character. I really don't like ER's politics though. Just play the show, and leave all the war-bashing out of it. Do I care if the producers don't agree with the war? NOPE. I hate it when celebrities try to speak on issues, and think they're authorities just because they're famous. George Clooney can go drown in a sea of sand. Dixie Chicks too. I'M not ready to make nice. Wenches.
Ok...stepping down from my soapbox.

Ah...I feel better...guess if I can't vent on my own blog, where the heck can I vent?

Round 3 ends tonight at DigiScrappin.biz. Only 40 will make it to round 4. It would be nice if I made it, but if not, that's ok. I love my Round 3 layout, and can be proud of the layouts I created for this contest. Lots of fun.

Speaking of Fave Actors, I'm pretty picky with my favorites. I'm not sure I could pick 10 actors who I love to watch in almost everything they're in. I'll give it a shot:

1. Tom Hanks( Stupid is as stupid does)
2. Morgan Freeman
3. James Earl Jones (I AM YOUR FATHER!!!!!!!)
4. Heath Ledger (pre Brokeback Mountain)
5. Patrick Stewart
6. Cuba Gooding Jr. (Show me the money!)
7. Will Smith
8. Cary Elwes (As you wish)

Well, I got 8. I would watch every one of these men count toothpicks. Excellent actors.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your post today! I'm with ya on the celebrity politics thing.
I hope the sun comes out soon!

Unknown said...

Are you serious about watching them count toothpicks??

Thanks for coming to my blog and posting a comment.

It is nice to know there are more college mommies out there!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! Just got chills reading about your dd last day of preschool! WHA! That grow up too fast! Oh, SO get you on closing the computer, I'm getting ready to do this too and hee comes my husband asking why I'm not done yet :P