Thursday, March 23, 2006

Uncommon Valor

We watched this movie last night on AMC. I had never heard of it before, but it had Gene Hackman and Patrick Swayze in it. Gene Hackman had a son who was MIA in Vietnam and got all his old Army buddies together to go in and get him out. Took 10 years to do it, but he finally went in. Won't spoil the ending in case anyone ever wants to see it. Pretty good movie. I want to rent it and watch it commercial-free. I love Gene Hackman.

I bought Dreamer yesterday for the girls. We haven't watched it yet since the girls haven't finished cleaning up the tornado that is their room. Hopefully tonight though.

Winter depresses me. I HATE being cold and not being able to get outside. I want to go for walks, but it's just too darn cold.

*The Blog Challenge over at The Digi Chick is to post your favorite recent layout and explain how the page came about.

Here's mine:
2 Peas In a Pod
Picture of my husband and his sister Theresa. Andrew's about 9 and Tweet's 7. I love the picture because they're happy. Truly happy. Gotta love that.
The kit I used is Valerie Fowler's A Tiny Seed found at The Digi Chick. It's a charity kit from which all money goes to a mission trip her church is planning.

4 comments:

Val said...

AWESOME page! Man, that kit is soooooooooooooooooo cool! (tee hee)

Anonymous said...

totally awesome layout.

Adrienne said...

BEAUTIFUL LO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute LO! I too hate this cold weather. I live in West Michigan and it is still cold here too - can't wait to get out and walk!