Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Belated Hall of Fame Win

So, I'm sure everyone has heard about the Hall of Fame drama in the scrappin' world. Well, two ladies were disqualified as winners because there were questions about whether the entrants took all the photos on their entries or not. Creating Keepsakes decided to offer those two spots to two Honorable Mentions. I was selected. I guess that means that I would have been a Hall of Famer back in March if the contest had gone as it was supposed to.

I have mixed/bittersweet feelings about being offered the title. Am I excited? Yes. Did I debate accepting? Yes. It's 7 months into the Hall of Fame year, so I've missed out on that time. Who's to say I would have gained anything by having that time. We may never know. It would have been fun to be a part of the week-long hoopla that happens every year at Hall of Fame Call time. Twenty Five anonymous posts stating they won HOF. Oh well. I'm a big girl and can handle that I didn't get to do it. I was still a part of it, even if as just a spectator.

And, I got to know 49 WONDERFUL ladies who are the Honorable Mentions. These ladies are true class acts, and I'm truly grateful I was able to rub elbows with some of the best in the industry. I've made lasting friendships that will be there long after this year is over. Love you ladies!!!

At this point, I'm happy. Do I need the validation that comes from this? Maybe, sometimes. Anyone who entered was looking for some level of validation. I love scrapbooking. I love showing my layouts to others. I love hearing if people like my work. I would still scrapbook even if I never showed these layouts to anyone other than my family. I guess accepting this title, even after 7 months, just kinda makes me feel good. Nothing wrong with that. Regardless of whether I become "famous" because of this (highly doubtful), or just ride the wave of obscurity until the next class of HOFers comes in, I'm happy. I accepted the title for reasons that are my own. I'm content to live with that. Life is good.

18 comments:

Barb Pfeffer said...

Can I just say DITTO now??

You rock. Period.

Cindy Tobey said...

I am SO happy for you! Enjoy the win girl, you earned it! Your work is fabulous and I look forward to lots more inspiration from you. :)

Charla said...

Congratulations!!!
I'm sorry you missed out on the big reveal back in March, but I hope you'll still feel how big of an honor it is. I'm so excited!!

And I can tell people "I knew you when" ;)

absolutartist1 said...

Congrats!!! It's still an awesome honor - even if belated. I haven't worked up the nerve to submit any of my paper work anywhere, and have only had 2 digital LOs published in E-zines - well 1 won't actually be published for another month or so...

Anywho - major pats on the back, and thank you for summing up my feelings about scrapping so well too! Validation is ALWAYS good! [hugs]

Anonymous said...

well said, my friend! Congrats

Anonymous said...

Angela - congratulations again! And yes, you definitely earned this spot! I'm honored to have gotten to know you with the other HMers, and I look forward to seeing more of your work in CK!

Donna B. Miller said...

I totally understand your mixed emotions about this. But it's an honor you earned, so I hope you can feel happy about it. Congratulations. It's wonderful to see digi girls moving into the spotlight.

Deena said...

Congrats girl!! You deserved it in March even if they did not see it then :P LOL

Michelle Engel said...

It is indeed a well deserved honour Angela! Congratulations, I look forward to seeing even more of your work!

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo happy for you, Angela, and very excited! It's a huge honor and you truly deserve it!

Marie Starr said...

Congrats! No matter how/when you became a HOF winner; a winner you are, so enjoy it!!

Nikki said...

That is soooo freakin' awesome! You really do deserve this! You're one of my scrapping idols!! :) Enjoy every minute of it!! Congrats! :)

Anonymous said...

life IS good!
congrats!

Anonymous said...

Yesss!!!! So cool... And now I can say that I knew you before you were famous!

Michelle said...

I am sooo happy for you, Angela!!! Congratulations!!! Very well deserved!

Rachel said...

congrats to you!!!!!

Jen Caputo said...

I'm so happy for you Angela!!! Congratulations, it is so well deserved :)

Googlecash said...

Angela, I am a bow lover too, which bows do you use?

I have a site called www.recurvebow.org
We can change links of our site, Nice to meet you Angela, I am putting your link!