Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving {Blues}

So, it's 4:53 AM, the eve of Thanksgiving. Why am I up this early, you ask? Cora is on the couch with a fever. Poor kid started feeling crummy last night. I gave her some Children's Nyquil and she conked out on the couch. About 3 AM, I hear her calling my name. I come down to see what's up, and she's crying with a headache and a pretty wicked fever. I get her some water and sit with her a few minutes. I try to go back to sleep, but can't. So, I'm just up surfin' the web and tinkering with the idea of starting the coffee pot a bit early. Gonna be a long day.

Planned Thanksgiving Menu:

Ham (duh)
Mashed pototoes with garlic and sour cream
Rolls
Corn
Cranberry sauce (totally love this stuff)
Stuffing
Green Bean Casserole
Ham Rollups (a holiday must-have)

Pumpkin Pie (Cora is making this, if she's feeling better)
Lemon Bars (Sarah's making these)
Chocolate Chip Cookies

I also plan on making Poinsettias to drink while I cook. (Cranberry juice mixed with champagne)

I love Thanksgiving. I remember my mom being up all night the night before cooking the turkey and other fixins. I remember watching the parade and being all excited to see Santa at the end, because that meant it was almost Christmas.

Things I'm thankful for:

{my job}
{Andrew's job}
{healthy (not counting today) kids}
{living in a country where I can do whatever the heck I want (for the most part)}
{the fact that soldiers continue to keep my country free}
{friends and family}


Anyone else working on Black Friday? This chick is. Luckily it should be a pretty slow and chill day. Although, I'm never surprised at how busy we can be in the department where I work. I work in the Fraud Management Department. We audit new orders for service, and if we find that the customer has a previous balance that they've failed to clear, we contact them to try to resolve the balance while keeping their new service active. As you can imagine, that can be a very tricky task. Luckily, a lot of customers simply forgot they had a leftover balance and really want to resolve it. However, there are some who are not so eager. Let's just say there is never a dull moment. However, I absolutely love my job and am pretty darn good at it, if I do say so myself.

Ok, enough rambling. Gonna go make the coffee pot go.

No comments: