Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Yard Sale This Weekend!

Yay! (not). I guess it's not too bad. We've got a BUNCH of stuff to sell. It's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend, so I'm excited about being outside in the WARMNESS!

Sarah and I saw Prince Caspian yesterday. We really enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite as good as the first movie. There were a couple times when Sarah asked if it was almost over. She didn't do that with the first one.

The girls only have a few weeks left of school. I can tell they're ready to be done. Once we get to Texas they'll have a shorter summer since schools down there start much earlier than they do here. They'll be ready to get back to school by then, anyway. I know they're a bit anxious about starting a new school, but they're both so outgoing that I'm sure they'll have no problems making friends and settling in. At least that's what I'm praying for. I've moved more than my fair share of times and I know how hard it can be.

The girls were asked to do a short archery demonstration tomorrow at an elementary school. The school just began an Archery in the Schools program, and they want Cora and Sarah to get them excited about archery. I think it'll be SO fun to watch them speak to these kids. What's funny is that 4th grade is the age they're starting these kids in the program, and Cora is 8 and Sarah is 6. Should be a fun experience for the girls. They LOVE to show off.

Got to see my nephew play a baseball game last night. I had a blast cheering for him. He even got to pitch a little bit and got two strikeouts. Plus he got a hit. I was very excited for him. He seems to love it and is very focused out there. It was awesome, considering there were a few daisy-pickers on the team. This age is so fun to watch.





Sarah has another soccer game on Thursday. Saturday's game was a nail-biter. It ended up being tied at 4. Sarah was a total wall on defense. She was aggressive and knew where to be. She's such a little thing, but she gets right in there no matter how much bigger the other girls are. That's my girl!!




GO PINK ROCKETS!!

6 comments:

lorig said...

Sounds like a full weekend. This is the second review of Prince Caspian I read this morning. I think I need to read the books and watch the movie. Based on the reviews though , I will not be taking my kids seems its a bit long for them. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the movie.

Lucrecia said...

Those are my favorite weekends! Good luck at the sale! I need to do one...but I'd have to get my husand to clean out the garage first - eeek!

I think you said yall are moving to SA? Not sure if you've picked an area of town yet or not, but feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Anonymous said...

Great blog! I should love to have some of the summer you already have there. I'm freezing here ... I come from praise game at DST :) Have a nice evening!

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your sale!

LeslieK said...

I love your feisty little defender.

Happy yard sale. Promise yourself that anything that doesn't sell gets donated, and write it down item by item so you can deduct it all!

schneeflocke said...

Oh, those photos are so precious, thanks for sharing, best luck for the other games