Wednesday, November 14, 2007

How To Make Potato Candy

Ok...I figured I'd just post how to make potato candy.

It's pretty easy, actually.

First, boil some potatoes like you would if making mashed potatoes (peel them first). Once they're boiled, mash them up really well. Then, start adding confectioners sugar and mix it well. The mixture will become soupy. Keep adding sugar and mixing until eventually the mixture will turn harder and become a dough (it can take a while, and make sure you have enough sugar; it might take a lot of sugar, depending the amount of potatoes you use). Once it becomes a dough, spread it out on some wax paper ( spread some flour or PAM over the wax paper first to prevent sticking). Once it's spread out, spread peanut butter over the top. Then roll it up into a log and chill. Then you can cut into 1/2 inch pieces. As you can see, it's FULL of calories, but it's SO yummy!

Let me know if you try it! I love this stuff!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohhh fun! i may have to try this sometime w/ the kiddos

peata said...

man what a freaky recipe!
It so sounds not nice but it probably is yummy. I think it's all that potato - i have to try it...today. will let you know.

scrapbook-crazy.com -all about the mini album
my blog - Crazy bout mini albums :)

Kutnkudlys' Kreations said...

Sounds interesting, might just have to try that sometime!

Kell said...

Yes I have to agree sounds interesting, I know my kids would love it .. sugar and peanut butter are their favs, thx for sharing :)