Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ahhhh...

Finally got internet access set up at our new place yesterday. It's been an adventure, getting settled in. The girls started school on Monday. When I picked them up from school they couldn't stop jabbering about how much fun they had and how many friends they made. I was so relieved to hear them being happy about it. I figured it wouldn't take them long to adjust.

San Antonio is wonderful. I've only seen a small part of it so far, but I really love how I live close to everything. We were hoping to go exploring downtown this weekend, but Hurricane Ike might make that impossible. They're expecting San Antonio to get a lot of wind and rain so we might be stuck inside playing XBox. :)

I'm going job hunting today. I figure since the girls are in school, I can get a job to contribute a little to the family. I'm excited to find a part time job around here. There seems to be a lot to choose from.

We've already gotten our library cards and have been checking out the many branches of the San Antonio library.

Welp, I'd better get moving this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job hunting...and stay safe and out of the hurricane's path!!!

Lucrecia said...

I'm so glad to hear the girls had great first days! It can be so scary starting a new school!

Ok - how sad is this - I've lived in SA my whole life and I don't even have a library card! lol

Jill said...

Glad to see you are finally settling in!!! How was Cora's birthday???