Friday, July 27, 2007

He Restoreth My Soul

Nothing like a week of being surrounded by 300 kids who are excited by the word of God.

Like anyone else, I get run down by life. There are times when I'm not as faithful as I should be to God. I get jaded by things I see and hear. I become cynical. This past week at Vacation Bible School has restored my soul. Watching these kids jump, sing, and praise God has been a wonderful renewal for me.

I thank God for the gift of humility as I jumped, sang, and praised God right along with them.

Summers have been a bit hard for me since my dad died. This week has given me the push I needed to get back into church and to realize that life is good. The little things are what matter. Smiling at Sarah as we sit on opposite ends of the church. Hugging Cora as we pass in the hall on the way to snack. Witnessing God's work on all those kids. Priceless.

God truly does work in mysterious ways.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw sounds like a great time was had!

Anonymous said...

I love the bubble pictures in your header. I am glad that VBS was such a blessing to you this week.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found what you needed this week. But I wish you had found it in CA instead! Miss you!
LeslieK

Leslie said...

Hey, followed your link from SBO. :) Enjoyed your most recent post. We all need those "renewals" sometimes in our Christian walk.

domestic goddess said...

oh hun, i feel for you, i lost my dad not that long ago and it is very hard some days
thinking of you
xxx