Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy Day Before The Fourth Of July!

I can't believe it's almost July 4th already. This year is flying by so fast!

I guess tomorrow we're going to the parade in the morning, then to a cook out at family's house. Should be fun. Then we'll mozy on over for the fireworks. I LOVE going to the fireworks. Not sure why, but I feel really "American" watching them. Call me crazy.

Bow is fixed. Phew! The limbs were all crazy unaligned, so we had to totally re-tune the thing. PITA! Anyway, all is well as of this moment. I'm sure when I plan to go to another tournament, everything will fall to pieces again. I'm going to Indiana with a couple other shooters in a couple weeks for a tournament. I think it's going to be so much fun! Andrew will be staying home with the girls. Woot! Girl trip!!

Question:

Is there a book that you can read over and over again? My "re-read" book is The Black Swan by Day Taylor. It's a historical romance, and I just adore it. Not sure why, but I have to read it about once a year. It's gettin' to be about that time, too! :)

I'm also really staring to like books by Anne McCaffrey. She writes science fiction stuff. I'm not usually into science fiction, but her stuff, I like.

Welp, I guess I gotta bounce. Have a great day, everyone!

8 comments:

Karlyn said...

the only book i've ever been able to read more than once is The Stand by Stephen King. in fact, I haven't read it in so long I think it's time to have another go at it. :D

Anonymous said...

I like to re-read parenting type books. My current favorite is Creative Correction by Lisa Welchel. I don't read much fiction...
Sounds like the 4th is busy for you!

Mrs. Erb said...

Happy almost 4th of July to you too! I tend to be a read only one time reader. However, as an elementary teacher, there are several children's chapter books that I love to read over and over again. They appeal to children and adults alike. Here are some (I am terrible at remembering authors): Hatchet, The Green Book, Harry Potter, The giver...

drgnfly

katg1006 said...

I have to tell you when I saw your siggie over at DST "Dude where's my Blog" I busted out laughing so hard I scared my dog! TOO FUNNY :-) Thanks for the laugh!! Good Luck at your tournament!

Tracie said...

My book that I read over and over is 84 Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff. I have also seen the movie multiple times... still makes me cry every time!

Unknown said...

the only books i ever "read" are craft books! just not a reader!

hope you have a happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

Man. I am a major re-reader. I re-read a ton of books! My favorites are Pride & Prejudice, Little Women, and Eight Cousins.

Anonymous said...

I read Anne McCaffrey books as a teenager. Man I was obsessed with them.
These days I am a big Robin Hobb and JK Rowling fan.
My two other authors I have been really enjoying over the past couple of years whom you may like are Australian and doing extremely well are Trudi Canavan and Fiona McIntosh.

Great to get to know you better!
Shell from SBO