Monday, October 02, 2006

Wow, it's a dreary Monday!

It's raining. Luckily the temp will get to 72. I'm SOOOO not ready for fall. I hate the colder weather and the dreary days. Give me SUMMER!!!! Sigh... I digress.

I've got a nasty cold. The weather changed the other day, and it totally messed me up. My head just might explode any minute.

The girls are off to school, and I'm sitting here updating my blog. Later this morning I have to go to class. I'll probably stay there and work on my TWO research papers I have due this semester. Bah.

X-Men: The Last Stand comes out on DVD on Tuesday! I'm SO renting this! Yeah, I'm a geek. Can't wait to see this movie. I'm just now looking at the Blockbuster site, and there aren't many new releases I care to see...maybe Annapolis. That looks good. Yup, that's about it. Looks like the movie industry is a tad dry lately. Everyone should give me some suggestions on movies to rent. What do you love?

Those darn Tigers! They had ONE game to win to clinch the division. Did they do it? HECK NO! Now they go to New York to play the yankees in the first round of playoffs. No big deal, we can take 'em! :) You gonna watch, Charlene? I used to be a HUGE Braves fan. But then they started trading and selling all the players I'd grown to love. Pretty soon I lost interest. It's not fun watching a team when you don't know ANYONE on it. Well, I guess they have a few guys left like Chipper and Andruw Jones. Whatever.

And yes, it's that time of year again. Not baseball playoff season. Not football season. It's hunting season. My house is a disaster area. Andrew's been on a rampage of "organizing" for deer camp. There're cans of food on my living room floor. There are plastic spoons, forks, plates, and any other miscellaneous crap you can think of. Sleeping bags on my bedroom floor. Stupid camo hunting suits. Dirty hunting boots. And of COURSE none of this stuff can be washed, because we wouldn't want to mess up the scent, would we??? Sigh... Someone better bring home a deer this year or there will be hell to pay. Yeah, they call it DEER Camp, but it's really BEER Camp. They get their feelings hurt when I say that, but it's SO true. I'm not even positive they actually go out and HUNT. They probably just sit in the tent and drink Milwaukee's Best all day. Wouldn't doubt it a bit.

Here's my little sis in law, Lara before her Homecoming dance on Saturday. Ah...to be a Senior again.

5 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the new XMen movie on DDV either! I loved the first two, then never got to the theatre to see the third one. So, I'm so ready to go buy that one!!
Great pic. Yep, there are days when i think back to all the fun in high school (then, back to reality and I realized how much more I know NOW . . .besides, I can live vicariously through my dd).
Great post!

Michelle said...

LOL - I'm sure Charlene will be watching - ROFL!
That's a really cute pic with her on top of the truck! I wouldn't have thought of it - but it's totally HS! Cool!
And if you want summer - come visit! Sitll 101 today and will cool off to the mid 90's by the end of the week! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey we should do a swap!!! I love the colder weather...and it is still in the 90's here!!!

Nikki said...

Love that photo...oh to be young again and not dent the roof of a truck! LOL.

Josh Virkler said...

I watched, and will be again tonight :D
It's hard to root against a team with a Placido on it (that's the baby's prenatal name) but I managed just fine. Tigers are a fun team to watch and I don't hate them like I do the Red Sox, so it's a lot of fun to watch.

Yay, postseason :)