Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Spring???

Well, we had a few gorgeous days of spring. Now it's windy and chilly. Guess I should be patient; spring and summer WILL come eventually.

First thing, I want to give MAJOR props to my friend Lori Cieslinski. She's an Olympic hopeful, and made it to the third Selection Shoot in May for the sport of Archery. The first shoot was held in September, and she made the top 16 cut. Last week she made the top 8 cut! The last shoot is in May, and the top two women will be selected to represent the US in Beijing, China this year. She was a bit under the weather and still came out and fought hard to secure her spot in the third selection shoot. We're ALL so proud of her! GO LORI!!!


Image taken by Mel and Julie Nichols

I'm feeling much better this week. There were a few days where I was feeling horrible. Luckily it didn't last long. Alka Seltzer is da bomb! It tastes like crap, but sure works!

Well, not much else to ramble on about today. Happy Wednesday!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better.
We've had Spring weather off and on here for two months now. It has my poor daffodils totally confused. Most of my spring-ish plants have bloomed and fallen off. I'm blaming it on global warming and El Nino.

Congrats and kudos to your friend,Lori. I kmow she'll do us proud in China.

Victoria said...

Congratulations to your friend, Lori! I hope she continues to do well.

Nice that you found something to help you feel better...though the taste was nasty. :)

Anonymous said...

ow wow! Congrats to your friend! How exciting!!!!

Glad you're feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Go, Lori! You'll have to keep us posted on her progress in May. :)

Tiffani K said...

It is finally spring here and I am so glad. Congrats to your friend!

Angie said...

Congrats to your friend, that is awesome.
BTW I wanted to let you know that Creative Scrap shack has closed down and all the girls from there are now at www.creativescrapland.com. Tabby and her hubby put it together for us. Hope to see you there.

Anonymous said...

It was a nice week, and today it's not bad either, for now. At least we aren't getting snow this weekend. And hey, the Tigers finally won a game and the Wings won their first playoff game so things may be looking up around here:)