Friday, May 09, 2008

I'm SO proud...

Last night Sarah had a musical performance at school. The first and second graders sang a few spanish songs they've been learning. Sarah was extremely excited about the whole thing. She's usually a big 'ol tomboy, but for this she wanted new shoes and a new dress. Done.

She got home from school yesterday barely able to keep still. She wanted to get her dress on immediately, but I convinced her to at least wait until she ate dinner so that she wouldn't get any food on it. Once she was done eating, she put her dress, tights and shoes on. We then painted her nails. Pink polish, of course. And then she asked me something I never thought she'd ever ask. "Mom, can you curl my hair, please?" Wow. Heck yeah I'll curl your hair. We got the curling irons out and dolled her all up. She couldn't stop looking at herself in the mirror.

Here she is all dressed up:



At the performance:



Someone's bored listening to the 2nd graders finish
their song:



Singing about fish:



This morning we had "Muffins With Mom" at their school. We had muffins, donuts, juice and coffee. I had a really good time hanging out with my girls. They enjoy dragging me around showing me all the details of their school.

Ok...I think I'm out of inane drivel for today. Must go pack a bit more. Later!

8 comments:

Robin L said...

Oh she is so pretty! Looks like she loves to sing. Id be so proud too.

Gabi said...

she looked gorgeous.
I love the "bored" photo, so cute :)
Have a wonderful weekend!

Charla said...

What a cutie! Great pictures, and I love that she actually wanted you to curl her hair!!

Michelle said...

Cute pictures. Someone always have to lift the skirt/dress.

Anonymous said...

what adorable pics...love the "bored" one!! bwhahaha! great post! :) happy mother's day!

Amy Eileen said...

Oh wow, does she ever look pretty!!! That bored photo is so cute! lol

Unknown said...

She looks lovely, and great photos. My daughter has her concert next week, and the excitement increasing here too!

Shanna said...

i love your blog header!!!! SHe is something to be proud of! HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!