Thursday, December 15, 2005

Less than two weeks...

Until Christmas! I can't believe how it's snuck up on us like that. Cora gets out of school on the 23, then we have a full day of seeing family on the 24th, then we're leaving for Texas on Christmas Day after we have our family Christmas. I can't wait to get to places where it's NOT 8 degrees outside. That's how I grew up, and I'm still not used to these snowy winters. In Louisiana, if you got a bike for Christmas, you actually got to ride it THAT DAY. Wearing shorts, most likely.

Alas, I'm not in the south any longer. We're in for a yucky snow storm around noon today. I might have to go pick Cora up from school early, depending on the roads. I HATE driving in the snow and ice. Southern girl coming through!

The first holidays are hard after losing a parent. I miss my dad SOOOOOOO much lately.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Angela...I just want to tell you first that those photos at the top look like you cut them from a magazine or an ad for Baby Gap. Your girls are beautiful and the shots are perfect. Second, I wanted to send hugs to you. I lost both my Mom and my Dad in 2004 so I know exactly what you mean about the Holidays...I miss my parents alot this time of year. Hugs!